Dear Nancy:
   Wishing you good luck, good health, and lots of family support to see you
through this unexpected "detour", just when you were feeling so good about
your diabetes care. My daughter's endo is at the hospital of the Univ of PA-
David Simmons. I'd definitely recommend having him involved since he does
have a lot of pump patients, BUT I just heard he's leaving medicine ( not
sure when) so I'm uncertain what his current status is. From all the posts
I've read from this group in the past 2 years though, I do know that the most
important thing is to be assertive & firm in making your wishes known. If
you're going to be sedated, make certain that you put everything in writing
so that a family member can advocate on your behalf. Even if the doctors have
conferred, we've all heard tales of nurses insisting they knew how things
should be handled.
   Looking forward to hearing from you post-surgery to let us all know how
well you handled things & how well you're recuperating!!!!

Best regards, Renee ( pump-mom to Melissa)