The person to talk to is your anesthesiologist who will be controlling your
BG while you are asleep.  Five months ago I had an operation that lasted for
4 hours.  During that time I KEPT MY PUMP ON for my basal ( which I lowered
to let my BG run between 150 and 180).

My experience is that when the hospital controls your BG they let it run much
too high.  I have had a number of hospitalizations while on the pump and my
doctors now understand that I control my BG and testing.

Good Luck