Re: [IP] nightime basals AGAIN!-Eve

I know we have discussed this subject forever, but I guess, I, unlike Ruth,
I have chickened out. Not very brave, I guess. I'm a little glad I haven't,
Eve has been running in the 200's lately in the mornings. She had a little
cold and at the start of it we changed her basals b/c she was high. On
Sunday, she was getting better, so we changed the basals back. The last two
night I thought about setting this temp basal rate that Michael talks about,
b/c she was still high in the morning.

Well, to make a long story short I didn't and this is the part I don't
understand, both mornings (yesterday and this morning) she was lower, she
was also lower during over Tue. night. Tue. night we checked her and here
are her numbers.

8p.m.            129  Had snack and bolused
9:30p.m.      199
11:30p.m.    154
12:30a.m.    124  This is low for her at this time
3:30a.m.      132
6a.m.           123
7a.m.           137 wake up time
We checked more often that night b/c she was lower at midnight

Wed. night
8p.m.          220 Had snack and forgot to bolused
10:30         310 This is the time I found out she didn't bolus her snack,
so  I bolus her, gave her 3 units (this should have only brought her down
100 points) and was going to check on her in 1 1/2 hours, fell asleep and
slept throught the alarm again (husband not home, in CA), this morning at
7a.m. she was 77 !!

Is it the mere thought of setting a temp. basal rate that did this? I guess
I don't have a clue what is happening, she still has her cold and she told
me this morning that she thinks it is worse. Don't know. Anyone out there
have any answers? Thanks again.

Deborah mom to Eve 12
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99