[IP] Re: [IP[ Driving Us Crazy

I was licensed to drive in the State of California in 1966 and at that
time a Dr.'s approval was required.

However, in the past 33 years I have NOT needed to show the DMV any
medical records.

But I do feel very discriminated against!  I have to go into the DMV
every four years and take a written test!  NOT a driving test...I have
been ticket and accident-free for the past 33 years.

Now...my husband and son (also IDDM) have been able to renew through the
mail and now have five year licenses!  But not me...all I can figure is
there must be something dating back to 1966 that requires I be seen in
person by a stranger at DMV and take a written test which BTW I pass
100% correct and then have that "convict" photo taken every four years

Becky LaSpina
(Today celebrating my 49th birthday)
IDDM since 1957 - pump user for nine months!