If you can offer any advice...  I have been on the pump for 1 1/2
months and I LOVE it.  Just as my life was becoming stabilized, I
discovered a brain tumor and will be operated on Tuesday 10/5.  I
am especially concerned about the management of my diabetes
while I am in the hospital. ( U. of Pennsylvania Hospital,
Philadelphia)  I will be on IV insulin during the operation and while I
am in ICU. Upon my insistence, the endos affiliated with the
hospital have been contacted by my endo and surgeon..  I am
insisting that an endo sees me the day before the surgery to
discuss post treatment.  Hopefully this will happen.  It seems that
hospitals have protocols which must be followed.  I want to get
back on the pump ASAP.  Can any of you give me any advice to
help me with my diabetes through this ordeal?   I will be leaving for
the hospital Sunday morning.

Thank you in advance for your wonderful support.
                                            Nancy Apple