Re: [IP] Type 2 versus type 1

In a message dated 9/30/99 2:26:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   I
 have enjoyed the IP-Org, great info and insight, and have talked to my team
 about going on the pump.  A T2 on the pump? Not in Hawaii!  Not enough
 studies or data about the benefits of a T2 on a pump.  I already am a
 walking manual pump.  I wish I was a T1. >>

Hey....you dont have to wish you were a type 1 to get a pump!!!   You need a
new medical "team".......one that keeps up with the current  trends  in

I am a Type 2........I go "live" on my pump on October 6th.  There's no
reason in the world why you cant  be on a pump......only the ignorance of
your  diabetes "team".

If I were you, I would contact  the pump companies and let them either deal
with your "team" or find you a modern team.   Check out the Minimed website:
  http://www.minimed.com    (I have a Minimed)

Im not sure of the Disetronic site......but its probably  disetronic.com
The point is the pump reps can be  a tremendous resource  for you.
Go for it!