Re: [IP] alarms

 >hi -
 >i have a quick question ...... in my 7 1/2 weeks of pumping (loving every
 >single second of it!!), i have yet to hear an alarm.     believe me, i'm not
 >complaining, but i'll be flying home for my high school reunion next week,
 >and am so that it would go off there, and i'd have no idea how to turn it
 >off.      how do you stop an alarm on the minimed?

If you get a NO DELIVERY alarm, the first thing you want to do is find out
why. If it's because of no more insulin, then press the ACT button while
the NO DELIVERY alarm is on the screen. That will stop it for a short time,
until the next time it tries to deliver another dose... use SUSPEND to stop
it from even trying. You'll need to refill the reservoir as soon as
possible, though... better yet, check it just before you go to the reunion.
That way you won't have to be concerned about running out at an awkward time.

Sometimes if the tubing gets crimped, I've gotten alarms. You can often
just shake things out or re-arrange the tubing a bit and all will be well
again. I've had this happen on 3 or 4 occasions, when my belt was too tight
<vbg> and I've bent over, sat down, etc.

Basically, try not to think about it. If you don't have problems now, you
probably won't have them while you are there. I've been away from home a
week at a time on business and have never had any pump worries. They are
very reliable little guys.