[IP] exercise effects

>I have found that if I work out in the morning - even if my blood sugars are
>perfect when I am done, I need to bolus two units.
>My interpretation is that my liver says "whoa this girl needs energy!" and
>dumps sugar - which doesn't stop with the workout.

I'm sure this is true, especially if the workout is anaerobic in nature. The
stress of an intense workout triggers the release of stored glycogen. I have
also noticed that by exercising consistently, the stores of glycogen are
depleted so that there is not a soar of Bg during and following the workout.
Consistently exercising in moderation conditions the body to that exercise
and you don't get the increase of Bg. Often it's just the opposite, the Bg
drops. On days that I run following a couple of days off, my Bg throughout
the workout and for hours following the workout are more dependent on my
pump staying on with a temporary basil decrease or increase; depending on my
meter readings. When I'm running for the fifth day in a row, my Bg is more
difficult to keep stable and I generally run with the pump off. Racing is
especially tricky and it displays your mentioned response very clearly. When
you tax you cardiovascular system intensely, look for the release of stored
glycogen. If I eat a small amount of glucose or complex carb before the
workout or race, my Bg don't go as high during the event. The key to
successful workouts for me is checking my Bg and adjusting accordingly. It
still is a guessing game that gets frustrating at times. Just keep the body
moving cause it's worth the effort.

Bill King (email @ redacted)
Customer Service Manager
Animas Corporation