Re: [IP] cost of supplies

In a message dated 9/29/99 11:45:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I get insulin and other supplies through the mail all the time.  Never a
 problem with insulin. In the hot weather they pack it in an insulated box
 with coolant, and send it by 2 day UPS.   I suggest you change your
 pharmacy to one which knows how to mail things.  There are several.  I
 often use http://www.fifty50.com and they also deal with insurance pretty
 -wayne >>

Thanks Wayne,
            However.....we don't have a choice as to which mail order company
to use!!  Our union has contracted with Merck-Medco and that's IT!  They
DON'T know how to mail things and I HAVE written letters and called them and
they JUST DON'T CARE!  I have written to our Benefits Manager, Merck-Medco,
etc....  They STILL are messing around with sending insulin under deplorable
conditions.... I just waited ONE MONTH to get 10 prescriptions filled for
myself and my son (asthma & diabetes both of us)...Then after a month only 8
of them arrived and they LOST two of them!  They told me they LOST the other
two prescriptions!!  Now I have to wait for them to call my doctor, and mail
them out again...supposedly Fed Ex...guess what, I just found out they sent
them regular shipping...so I'll be waiting AGAIN!  I would switch in a
heartbeat if I could, but I can't.  Our Benefits Administrator could care
less what we've gone through, and we are basically STUCK.  I've written and
spoken with him several times and he basically said.....I can complain all I
want, there is NO other choice!  I can't in any way, shape or form afford to
pay out of pocket, so we just have to put up with substandard service......