[IP] Smart Kids

In a message dated 9/28/99 12:12:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I think you've got yourself a smart
 boy >>

I have got in my hands a Diabetic Manual by Elliott Joslin (Joslin Clinic),
copyright 1929.  I have been reading this book with great interest.  The
chapter on Diabetic Children starts off like this:
"The diabetic child at the onset of his disease is usually taller and heavier
than the average child and is mentally precocious.  The diabetic child, and
perhaps the child of a diabetic, is a superior being and should be so
I love it!  I have always believed that children with diabetes are smarter
than their peers and Dr. Joslin agrees (LOL).  ellen