Re: Subject: [IP] Oreos and a high morning

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:43:01 -0400, John Bowen and Nancy Morgan wrote:

> Yes, sugar can cause cramping and diarrhea.   but it also may be that her
intestines just can't handle the
> concentrated sugar.

I thought it might be something like this, as I have never seen her have any
of these symptoms eating other products with wheat or milk in them.  Thanks
for everyone who answered though, it is really great knowing you all are out
there!  We had a bad morning this morning....Moms, just remember to listen
to your gut instincts!  Last night I had the feeling I should change her
site as she was taking a bit longer than usual to return to normal after
dinner.  But she was tired and I was tired and we figured she would be
OK...WRONG!  This morning I heard her get up at 5am to use the restroom.  I
knew she was high, high, high then because she never gets up in the night or
early morning to go.  Yeppers, a lovely morning of 410.  Did a quick site
change and bolused 1.5 to bring her down.  Should listened to my gut feeling
last night!!  Live and learn!

Nita in Texas where it was 92 degrees yesterday and 72 today!
Mom of Jessica, age 7, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1 year