Subject: [IP] Oreos and tummy aches

Yes, sugar can cause cramping and diarrhea.  I can't eat regular pancake
syrup without that reaction (and I don't have diabetes).  And, the less
sugar one eats, the more it bothers you when you do eat it.  So, it may be a
food allergy, but it also may be that her intestines just can't handle the
concentrated sugar.  It all has to do with the osmolar load, for you
chemists out there....

As far as advice, eat small servings, drink lots of fluids.  And be glad
that her intestines aren't used to junk food, like mine are....

Nancy Morgan
<<Do any of you get stomach aches or diarrhea from too
much sugar?  Even if Jessica's blood sugar is normal, things like oreos or
birthday cake, those high sugar items make her feel sick to her stomach.
Any advice?

Mom of Jessica, age 7, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1 year