I also am in Ohio and hate the DMV.  This year when I went to get my
licience renewed, I already had my medical card and paper that allowed me
to get a new driver's licience in hand (when my medical form came 60 days
before my liceince expired, I immediately (that week) went to my physican,
had her sign it and sent it in, which I have to do annually to make sure
the "condition doesn't progress" or something equally as stupid).  However,
the people at the DMV had NO idea of what to do with it.  They had to call
the head office and I had to wait an extremely long time.  So even a
"simple" thing as renewal brings on a new life.  I really hate this disease
and all of the associated "headaches"