[IP] Re: Need Advise-Doc suggests Glyset?

Lily's doc had "this" to say about "that"
Dr. Joe is a member of the Insulin Pumpers
Medical Advisory Board

From:          email @ redacted (J. Joseph Prendergast, MD)
Subject:       Re: (Fwd) [IP] Need Advise-Doc suggests Glyset?

The Glyset isn't not really good at preventing absorption, but rather
it tends to delay absorption.  It's like setting your pump at a
temporary basal but in the reverse situation for carbohydrates.  The
reason it causes weight loss is due to the side effects of bloating
and gas.  This is much the same way that Xenical causes weight loss.
It is not weird and it might even work.  It should be safe because it
does not block all carbohydrates.

For weight loss we have had better luck by using metformin 500
milligrams BID in people with type one diabetes.

Dr. Joe