Re: [IP] cost of supplies

In a message dated 9/28/99 12:30:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I tried to order insulin thru the mail
 order pharmacy, but was told since that has to be kept refridgertaed that I
 couldn't get it thru them.  does anyone else get their insulin thru the
 mail?  could it be that I live in AZ and it is just too darn hot here.  I
 could see that, but I am just curious. >>

Hi Dante,
        Well, I WISH our mail order would refuse to send us insulin, because
we MUST order ANY maintenance drug (including insulin) through mail order and
they have sent it to us in 110 degree heatwave in a REGULAR padded envelope
through the REGULAR mail!  AND they expected us to still use it!  We live in
NY, so part of the year heat is not a problem, but to send it in July, during
a heatwave without refrigeration or insulation is ridiculous!  They just sent
it in a padded envelope and from the postmark, I could tell it had taken 5
days to reach us!!  I refused to use it and they made us wait another 2 and a
half weeks to get more.   Instead of just replacing it, they said they
couldn't REFILL (it WASN'T a REFILL!) a prescription so soon without my
doctor's authorization so they decided to wait a week to call him and THEN
take yet another week to mail it out....AT WHICH POINT, they sent it
overnight, but STILL in just a stupid padded envelope.  I have SO many more
horror stories about our mail order and unfortunately we have no other choice
but to use it, or PAY for everything ourselves.....Just one more insurance