[IP] exercise effects?

About a month ago, I started playing racquetball a couple of times a week
for about an hour at a time.  To avoid lows during the serious exercise
involved, I put my pump on suspend and usually eat a glucose tab or two
during the games.  This has worked great during the games -- only one
severe low, which was easily treated.  After-game bgs have been fine
immediately (130-140), but starting about 4 hours after the exercise, have
really sky-rocketed up to bgs over 300.  They come down with high bg
bolusing, but what I don't understand where they're coming from in the
first place.  And should I anticipate them by using a temporary basal rate
after the exercise.  I have never noticed this problem with my usual
walking routine, but when I use those muscles in racquetball, wow!  Any
Aileen Solomon