Re: [IP] Pump questions

I have found that you need to change the site about every three to
days.  There are two reasons for this.  The first is I use all 3 mL of
insulin after 3ish days and the other is the site starts to get really
achy.  I love my minimed, and am not a gadget geek so I do not
have any
information regarding the extras.  I would only use the soft set.  It
is so
comfortable you have no idea it is even in.  I have tried the needles
because I want to get pregnant and the doc said that I would need
to change
and I found it much less comfortable.  My only advice to you
because of the
hot weather is to use an IV prep instead of alcolhol to prep.  The IV prep
is sticky and will help the tape secure the set.  Otherwise the tape will
get sweated off and the softset will not be secure.  The only things I
would warn you about is that if you use alot of insulin, you will be
replacing the batteries often.  GOOD LUCK