From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 11:19 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] looking for the perfect pump

Just a comment on not feeling hypos.  When I was on MDI I had multiple
hypos.
2-3 times in 24-hour periods was not uncommon.  I also lost the warning
signs
I had had in earlier years of my diabetes, the tingling lips, the rapid
heartbeat, the sweats.  After pumping for several months and having my bgs
in
more normal ranges, hypos went to only about 2 a month, if that.  Now, three
years later, the low bg symptoms are back.  I have heard it said that the
body looses its ability to give the warning signs when there are so many
hypos so close together.  Don't know the science of this, but this has been
my experience.  One more reason I LOVE PUMPING!

Jeanie