Re: [IP] what supplies to carry?

In a message dated 9/26/99 6:34:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I was thinking about carrying a syringe and a vial of H,
 but I'm not sure how much sense that makes either.  >>
That's what I do, a syringe (you can re-use syringe in a pinch) and a bottle
of H.  If you need to you can give an injection of H every hour (to simulate
your basal, sort of) until you get back home to the supplies.  Kinda hard to
pull up the small amount in a syringe, but hourly testing helps.  I've
carried around the same bottle of H for over a year in my One Touch meter
case, just barely fits in there.  It went bad in about 14 months time. (I'm
sure that's really pushing it).
I also try to remember to check my pump each night when I go to bed.  Then I
know if I'll run out in the night or next day.  I hate waking up to beep,
beep, beep.