Re: [IP] Medicare Will Covers Pumps for Type 1s

In a message dated 9/25/99 11:47:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< MEDICARE WILL COVER INSULIN PUMPS FOR BENEFICIARIES

 Expanding treatment options for Medicare beneficiaries with diabetes,
 HCFA Deputy Administrator Michael Hash today announced Medicare will
 cover insulin infusion pumps for eligible beneficiaries with Type I
 diabetes. >>

Thanks so much for posting this.  My new insurance company (Aetna) bases what
they will cover regarding pumps on Medicare policy.  I was wanting a new pump
and wondering if they would cover it.  Guess they have to . . . yipee!!!

Jeanie in AZ