When my son got his new pump and before he got in to see his CDE, he watched
the video and read all the materials that came along with it.  One piece of
advice for your family's sake:  show them how to turn the alarms off!  Dan
put his pump away and left the house.  In the meantime, we all kept hearing
his occassional, and annoying, "beep-beep-beep" and thought it was our
television.  (He had the box of well-packed supplies near the TV after
watching the video.)  I tracked it down, pulled it out, and had to call the
800# in the book for help in turning it off!  It was funny once we figured
it out.