Re: [IP] nightime basals AGAIN!

>  Jack still likes
> a night time snack and food eaten at night seems to linger longer
> than food eaten during the day.  In plain english, I'm very
> confused.

My experience with Lily and night time snacks seems to be that a high
temp basal rate and a night time snack do not mix well together. The
unused insulin for the snack apparently needs to be counted to some
extent (maybe all) or the high temp basal creates a low for her. The
best results are obtained with a 4-5 hour fast before bed (which we
never get). Next best is as much time as you can get :-) We usually
manage 2 1/2 to 3 hours, sometimes a little more.