[IP] Blood in the tubing

I'm glad there were some recent posts on this subject.  Sunday morning as we inserted a new Silhouette, blood came out of the cannula.  Had I not seen some discussion of this beforehand, I would have freaked out.  The 1 unit prime of the cannula cleared most of the blood from the cannula.  Since it was close to lunch time, he just bolused for his lunch which cleared the rest.  We decided to just monitor throughout the day to see if we needed to change the set.  His sugars have been fine since so we left it in.

As the mom of a fairly new pumper, I'm finding this site EXTREMELY helpful.  Thanks everybody!  :-)