Subject: [IP] what supplies to carry?

Batteries are also important.  For some reason, on Saturday night, one of my
son's Disetronic batteries (03) that was only 2 weeks old, pooped out.  We
were 30 minutes away from home celebrating a family birthday.  My husband
drove home with my son, changed the battery and then drove back.   The next
morning the 02 battery pooped out.

Does anyone know if you can pop off the cap to the Disetronic battery and buy
a replacement battery in a local store and pop the screw cap back on the new
one?  Thanks.