[IP] Question about "reusing" insulin

In a message dated 9/26/99 4:13:43 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< As I am fully covered for my insulin supplies but have to pay
 for all my own infusion sets I would rather waste insulin than sets.
 The combo system saves some insulin aas you aren't throwing away the
 insulin in the tubing every time (only every second time). >>

When I do a changeout, I pull the plunger back on my reservoir and "suck" the
insulin out of the tubing. I then inject that insulin into the vial before
drawing up into a new reservoir. I haven't had any problems doing that, but
can anybody think of a reason I shouldn't be "recycling" that 20-30 units of
insulin. My insulin is covered, but I just hate to waste it.