Re: [IP] square wave bolus

In a message dated 9/26/99 10:37:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:<< I am trying to decide between a Disetronic
and a Minimed 507C. The square wave bolus option of the Minimed sounds good
to me but I am wondering how many pumpers actually find it useful. >>

Hi David

I have the Minimed 507C, and I've used the square wave bolus.  One of the
foods I find it most helpful for is bolusing for pizza.  Before I used the
square wave, I would bolus for the number of carbs consumed and 2 hours after
eating, my numbers would be within range.  At 3-4 hours after eating the
pizza, I would have a rise in blood sugar. (Higher reading than at the 2 hr
testing).  Now when I eat the pizza, I use the square wave feature and bolus
1/2 for now and spread the other 1/2 over 3 hours.  Now my reading at 4 hours
is within range as well as my 2 and 3 hours testings.

Good Luck,