Re: [IP] Question....treating lows at mealtime

In a message dated 9/26/99 1:42:40 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<I've read here that most of you treat for a low at mealtime, then eat and
bolus for the meal.  Does it work the same if you just bolus LESS for that
meal? >>

It probably wouldn't for me, unless what I was eating had a really high
glycemic index.  If you have any gastoparesis, and an awful lot of diabetics
do to some extent, you may not get the rise in blood sugar from eating very
quickly.  With me, if I eat a meal with protein and fat in addition to the
carbohydrate when my blood sugar is low, It takes a really long time to get
out of the hypo.  Another potential problem is glucose dumping from the liver