Re: [IP] nightime basals AGAIN!

>She encourage us to be aggressive as long as bg's were
> high and there was no evidence of a low during the night. Persistence
> and fortitude paid off in the end.
> Muster your courage, talk to the medical team and go for it....
> Michael

We have been aggressive when Eve has been high at night. Some nights like
Tue. she was very high at 10 p.m. gave her a bolus of 3 units, tested her at
midnight and she had only came down 35 points. We don't understand this, she
should have come down more. At midnight we bolused her 2 more units.
Rechecked her at 1a.m. she had only come down 40 points. Again bolused her 2
more units, thinking this would bring her down maybe 50 or 60 more points
and I was going to check her at 2:30  Well... This is the night I didn't
hear the alarm clock go off. End of story 52 at 7 a.m. There have been
nights(numbers have been similar) that she has dropped a 100 points with
only 2 extra units at 10 p.m. We never know what she bgs are going to be if
she goes to bed high. We have in the past raised her basals by .1 and this
was to high. We have to rethink what we are doing over night. Like I wrote
before sometimes her bgs rises during the night, sometimes she drops and
sometimes she stays the same. Just don't know what she is going to do.

michael wrote:
> Hmmm.... Get a louder alarm clock :-)
> With training, your brain will wake you up on the first beep
> (double :-))

BTW... Hubby said the alarm clock did go off and woke him up. I asked why he
didn't wake me up. He said because I was asleep! Go figure!! <vbg> 8>)

Deborah mom to Eve 12
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99