Re: [IP] nightime basals AGAIN!

Michael and Ruth,

I've been following this temp basals at night thread with great interest.
Let me see if I'm getting this straight.  First you have to determine if the
blood sugar rises just after falling asleep.  Then you have to determine at
what time the basal changes and in what direction.  After you have that
information, you can set a temp basal for the amount of time between first
going to bed and the time the basal rate changes.  Am I assuming correctly
that the time of the basal change is a constant?  For example:  tonight Jack
went to bed at 9:15.  Say that at midnight he starts to require less insulin.
 So tonight I could set a temp basal for 9:30 to midnight, but if TOMORROW he
goes to bed at 8 pm I would set a temp basal for 8pm to midnight.  I have to
admit that I thought I was pretty savvy about figuring out insulin on MDI,
but I'm still feeling pretty lost when it comes to this pump.  Jack's daytime
control is very good, but these nights are killing me!!!!!!!!!