[IP] Local infusion companies

>Sigh..... beware!  I hope I'm wrong, but this usually means that the
insurance company does NOT really understand what a pump is and how
it works. "Local Infusion" companies typically handle supplies for
patients using IV infusion for illness or chemotherapy and they
typically DO NOT handle or stock pump supplies or even know what they

So far, so good.  The local infusion company submitted all the paperwork for
Josh's pump and delivered the pump to our door yesterday.  They have a nurse
on staff who deals with all the diabetes supplies and the insurance
companies. She told me to let her know a week before Josh needs supplies and
they can deliver them within two days because they have them on hand.  They
also supplied the loaner pump and supplies for the pump trial he had.  We
will have to see how this all plays out over time.  I was somewhat surprised
that the insurance company wanted us to go through this "preferred provider"
instead of going directly to the company.