Re: [IP] Going 'live' on Tuesday/ pump reps

> We have to go through a local infusion company to get supplies.

Sigh..... beware!  I hope I'm wrong, but this usually means that the
insurance company does NOT really understand what a pump is and how
it works. "Local Infusion" companies typically handle supplies for
patients using IV infusion for illness or chemotherapy and they
typically DO NOT handle or stock pump supplies or even know what they
are. In my experience with Apria, on this matter, the staff new
nothing, did not keep stock or the stock was very old and took
forever to ship stuff. IMMEDIATELY contact senior staff at the
insurance company if this turns out to be the case and get special
dispensation to order directly from the pump company. Point out to
them that the prices will actually be cheaper because there is no
mark up for a middle man AND that to do otherwise will put your child
at risk for which you will REQUIRE a written acknowldegement and that
you will be contacting the insurance commissioner office to complain