[IP] michael's method for nighttime highs

well, we are halfway there!

last night geneva went to bed at 10:15.  she was 144.  usually she is on a
'higher than 0.4'   basal from  8-midnight....  and we always have a

this time:

left her at the 0.4 basal from the afternoon.  it kept her stable all
evening...despite eating/grazing after school until dinner.

when she went up to bed, we set a temp basal of 1.0 from 10:30 until 1 am.

I held my breath, went to bed and tested her at 2 am.

the first time this has ever happened.  usually she is over 250.

the only problem is that I set her 2 - 6 am basals a bit high and she was 70
at 6 am.  treated it with 16  carbs.

now we will reduce the 2-6 am basals and I am wondering if the IP website
that does the graphing for you will help here.

the new problem is tonight.
geneva goes to sleepover tonight.  I am not sure when and for how long to
set the temp basal since she may not go to sleep until 1 am.  by then, she
starts to drop.

mom to 10.5 yr. old geneva