[IP] nightime basals AGAIN!

it is apparent that geneva shoots up as soon as her head hits the pillow.
she has been on a basal from 8- 1 am now of either 0.7 or 0.8 and is always
high at 10,  11, 12.  if I correct her at midnight she will drop like a rock
between 12 and 3 am.

we have almost tried michael's method of setting a temp. basal  of  1.1 -
1.2  when she goes to sleep.  I just lose my nerve at the last minute and
then regret it later.

now we are going to try tonight.  only because geneva has a sleepover
tomorrow  (sat) night and I would like it if she wouldn't be dropping while
they are up late playing around.  (this would occur if I set her basals to
1.0 around 9 pm until 1 am...which seem to be conservative to keep her under
the 300 level!)

I am guessing as to how long to set the temp basal.  maybe 2 hours, I am
afraid to go longer.

mom to geneva, age 10.5 now.