[IP] U.S. Healthcare Trauma

YES I am in the same boat.  I have aetna pos and they only pay 80% for my
pump supplies.  Apparently this is minimed's fault - Minimed ALWAYS bills
pump supplies as durable medical equipment even tho the DEFINITION of DME is
something that you don't throw away every few days - obviously pump supplies
are NOT DME and should be billed to my aetna pharmacy plan, NOT medical.
But minimed says they're a dme company and refuse to bill thru pharmacy so I
pay hundreds of dollars every couple of months for supplies.  And I was
liking minimed so much as a company before this...  plus the minimed florida
people who take care of my supplies never get back to me when I try to work
this out some other way (there is no other way apparently)... don't hold
your breath on minimed.
- Miranda

>Hi all.  It's been a while since I've posted.  Anyway, I'm having some
major heartache.  I started on the pump in June.  In July I reordered my 3
months worth of pump supplies through Corum, a division of U.S. Healthcare.
I just received an explanation of medical benefits from the ins. co. stating
that my supplies were billed as DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT and are therefore,
not covered within network and subject to my deductible and then
70%coverage.  This is a nightmare.  I can't afford to pay for supplies, even
a portion, and I can't imaging going off of the pump.  I am having a very
difficult time getting answers from USHealthcare.  I spoke to someone at
Minimed who is supposed to get back to me.  Does anyone have this same
situation? Anyone else on US Healthcare???  Please please please let me