[IP] Type 1 and early menopause

A recent edition of Natural Health magazine had a question from a 36-year-old
woman who has had Type I for 20 years. She said she has been diagnosed with
early menopause and asked if this was related to her diabetes. The expert (a
naturopath, I think) said probably, that once it happens it cannot be
reversed, and advised her to do all the traditional things (weight bearing
exercise to prevent
osteoporosis, etc.).
This was news to me. Has anyone else ever heard of this connection? Do we
Type I ladies have the joys of early menopause to look forward to?