Re: [IP] U.S. Healthcare Trauma

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:37:54 -0700 (PDT), Alison Lekach wrote:

> supplies were billed as DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT and are therefore, not
> covered within network and subject to my deductible and then 70%coverage.

We have General American Ins. and Jessica's pump supplies are also
considered Durable Medical Equipment and therefore subject to the $300
deductible, versus $25 deductible for prescriptions.  Just seems like
someone else trying to stand in the way of good health.  I guess insurance
companies would rather pay for treating complications than making it easier
to prevent them.....

Mom of Jessica, age 7, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1 year