Re: [IP] parents of new pumpers

In a message dated 9/24/99 8:31:24 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<<I hate those pump bumps.  I've
started putting Neosporin on Jack's bumps and it helps, but I'm always
looking for better methods.  Also, his set always seems to kink at the end of
the 48 hrs before we change. >>

I was having real problems with bumps on the lower abdomen after I changed
from sofset to silhouette. (some were even a little pussy).  I don't seem to
have the same problem when I use the ribcage.  I had been thinking this might
be because I had never used that area before (my endo suggested it was
because it was farther from that dirty pubic area - I have real questions
about my endo).

When I emailed minimed about the bent cannula I had with the micro sof-set, I
got a very helpful call from Leif somebody, one of minimeds pumping pump
engineers.   He thought my bent cannula was from movement after insertion,
and suggested putting the IV3000 tape down first and letting the set adhere
to that (and if I needed to, putting the other tape over it all).  He also
suggested that my problem with the silhouette causing bumps might be from
movement that causes irritation primarily, and infection only secondarily.
It also might be helped by putting tape down first.  I have been using very
elaborate washing techniques and Bard barrier wipes, but intend to try this.

Linda Zottoli