[IP] How long for a pump?

Happily, my primary care physician just gave me a referral to an
endocrinologist so that I can seek to go on pump therapy.  My current
health insurance provider will only pay 50% of the cost but in January I
will be able to switch to another plan that will pay 80%.  Any ideas on how
long it typically takes to get a pump from the time it is first prescribed?
 I want to get started with this as soon as possible but obviously not
before I qualify for the larger benefit.  Would it be too early for me to
start the inquiry process now?  Thanks.

T1, 29 yrs