Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance

Insulin resistance is a cellular problem most common with Type 2 patients.
Genetics and obesity are two common causes.   Insulin resistance prevents the
insulin from opening the cell thus not allowing the glucose to enter the cell.

I think you are referring to antigenicity or insulin antibodies.  In the old
days, antibodies would form against the pork, beef, and some impure forms of
human insulin.  These antibodies would slow the onset of insulin or make the
insulin less effective.  From what I know now, these antibodies are
diminished with Humalog so any antibody production would be minimal.

Hope this helps...

David Griffin