[IP] Re:United Healthcare and low while shopping

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] United Health Care
>
> << I just got word that next year our insurance is going to switch to United Health Care.  I just got things settled on this one and now a
>  change.  I am already panicking.  Does anyone of United Health Care and if yes how are they? >>
>
> Now, the bad part.  My plan (yours could be different) required that I pay 20% and United covered the 80%.  Sounds ok, but the prices they charged were like triple what I could buy through MiniMed (I've done that during periods w/o insurance).
> Jeanie in Phoenix

I'm sure it varies a great deal from plan to plan and state to state, but my United Healthcare of the Mid Atlantic plan pays 100% of supplies ordered directly from MM.  They balked at first, but changed their tune when my doc and MM sent them the necessary forms.  I have also been tentatively approved for a replacement pump (mine is 4 years old) at 100% through UHC.  Check your plan
carefully.  I hope they cover as well as mine has!
Jen

> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] low while shopping
> Jeanie,Tammy, et al...I too have gone low while shopping more times than I can count.

It has become a joke btwn. me and my sister because I get low every time we shop together.  I keep telling her that if she just came to live with me and we shopped all the time, I could be cured. . .
Jen