Re: [IP] E Coli happens ...

At 12:47 PM 9/22/1999  Bob Burnett wrote:
 >Gang:
 >
 >I hope the subject line caught your eyes. It wasn't meant to be funny ....
 >
 >What is the proper protocol (is there a proper protocol?) for infusion site
 >cleanliness / preparation when conditions are much less than sanitary? Any
 >medical pros out there who have clear instructions for situations like this?
 >
 >Hmmm, so what does a pumper do?

I don't know anything specific about E-coli, but wouldn't a good topical
antiseptic protocol work to kill those guys?? Most people get the disease
through ingestion, where you can't use antiseptics very easily.

Hopefully there are some trained medical people that can definitively
answer this one. IS THERE A DOCTOR OR NURSE IN THE HOUSE??

Sam