[IP] insulin freezing in tubing

Both Eve and I have some questions about the pump tubing, insulin and
sub-zero weather.  I know that I'm rushing the seasons here, but winter will
soon be here. brrrr!!! We live in Minnesota and the children still go out to
recess when the ambient temperature is below zero(not counting the wind
chill factor). They still have school when temperatures are 20 below zero
and there is still the walk to the bus stop and the wait for the bus.  Eve's
class is also planning a 4 day trip to northern Minnesota the last week in
October(it won't be below zero, but could be 30's and low 40's during the

When it gets cold out in the winter will the insulin in the tubing freeze if
left dangling outside of her coat and pants?

If the insulin does freeze in the tubing, at what outside temperature will
it freeze?

 Will the insulin in the tubing freeze if kept inside, near the skin or just
inside her coat (between her coat and her sweater/ski pants?

How long in sub zero temperatures could she stay outside without it

What about contact with snow for a long period of time?(she still likes to
play in the snow.)

Deborah (mom to Eve 12) and Eve
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99