[IP] (IP) Need info on class 1 license w/insulin

Hi all-

Can anyone tell me if the law has changed or where to get any information on
someone with a class 1 license that needs to go on insulin but is staying on
pills because he will not be able to do his job anymore.  I am sure I have
read about Pilots being able to continue flying when on insulin so this
doesnt make any sense.  Need this info ASAP for someone I know.  Thanks in

Pat Marino
Fulton, NY