Re: [IP] Help! Puberty ahead

> Michael,
> I was hoping you wouldn't say (write) this. 8^)
> Deborah mom to Eve 12
> DXed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99
> > >...does this smooth out
> > once periods begin or are we in for yet more roller-coaster rides for the
> > long haul of puberty?
> >
> > Long haul based on my experience for the last 5 years with Lily who
> > is now 16.

Oh, it's not that bad. Even though the timing is unpredictible and
the necessary changes are different each time, Lily and I have used
"stability" as the guideline and adjusted the "suspect" basal periods
up or down by 0.1 u/hr as needed and it has worked pretty easily.
There have rarely been changes in the timing of her basals, just once
in a great while and it has been pretty obvious. Lily has 4 rates,
not counting the short period from 12 midnight to 1am that carries
over her evening rate. Usually a change involves tweaking no more
than 2 of them at a time and usually only one to start. These small
changes can produce fairly dramatic results. If you are flexible and
anticipate that a change is necessary (no necessarily what it is)
then it is not that difficult. If you obsess about it, it will drive
you completely nuts :-)