Re: [IP] low while shopping

Jeanie,Tammy, et al...I too have gone low while shopping more times than I
can count. My body's new favorite place to do this is Home Depot -- we're not
there 15 minutes when I test and am in the 50s, when I've had a snack and
tested perfectly normal not half an hour ago. I suspect it is an adrenaline
thing, but who knows? (Home Depot is a particularly fun place to test my BG
as I get to set my meter on something interesting, such as a BBQ grill or
lumber, and all the jean-clad, boot-wearing construction guys cringe if they
happen to see the sticking process.) My current solution is to have a snack
with a bit of protein before shopping and test frequently to catch BGs as
they are dropping, before they actually get too low, and carry a juice box
with me. I also program a temporary basal rate that is 0.2 lower than usual
and that helped last weekend.
p.s. Jeanie, hell of a deal on those sweaters!!! Almost worth the hassle of
the low :)