Re: [IP] United Health Care

I also have United Healthcare. The plan my husband has is a self insured
plan, so it's a little different I think. They cover 80% and we pay 20% until
our out of pocket limit is reached. Then they pay 100%. So far I have not had
any problems with them covering my supplies or the pump itself. They have
just in the past month paid for me to upgrade from the 506 to the 507C. Also,
>From what I understand United has a contract with MiniMed now. I've always
been able to get my supplies from anywhere I wanted. The one thing they want
allow me to do is to get my insulin and meter supplies thru Minimed. I have
to pay for them up front and get reimbursed. Your plan may be different.