Hi Marilyn,

I practice martial arts as well. I've been taking Tae Kwon Do for 3.5 years
now. This was a big consideration when I was making the decision of whether
or not to begin pumping 1.5 years ago. Pumping makes Tae Kwon Do much

I work out after dinner. I eat a smaller dinner than usual and take less
insulin. An hour later I go to class and disconnect. (Class is about 1-1.5
hours max) After class I reconnect, go home and always have a snack before
bed no matter what. And of course I test pre-class and post-class without

If I did not disconnect, I would never make it through a class without
dropping. On the other hand, I could not imagine working out with my pump
attached. I would think it would be in the way.

Bye for now,
Toronto, Ontario
IDDM - 29 years