[IP] Bernstein diet/Anemia question

Hello people, I have a couple of questions:

1.  I have to exercise to make my Humalog work.  This has become more
difficult due to chronic anemia.  I still exercise 3X/week for 2 hours, but I
was exercising everyday and this kept my bgs in a good range.  Because of
more difficulty getting good bgs, I have started on Dr. Bernstein's diet.  It
works.  Low carbs does prevent high bgs.  I don't know how long I can do
this, but so far, so good.  Is anyone on Dr. Bernstein's diet and, if so, how
long have you been doing it and how hard has it been to maintain?

2.  I believe either Tamoxifen (anti-cancer drug) or Captopril is causing my
anemia.  I would like to test this out.  I cannot get permission from any
doctor to do this so I am going to do it on my own.  If I check my CBC, then
stop taking a drug, how long would it be before I noticed an improvement in
my CBC?  BTW, I have pancytopenia(that is low in everything).

Thanks for your help.  ellen