[IP] Help! Puberty ahead

Hi all-
I need some help with what to expect with insulin needs during early
puberty.  Jenna had a 3-week stretch earlier this summer, when her sugars
ran very high, 200's-300's, but I blamed it on changes in summer activity,
eating, etc.  Now, we've had another 3 week stretch of high sugars - just
finished bumping her basal rates up.  Lots of sleep deprivation checking
sugars every 2-3 hours all night, but for the last week, we finally seemed
to have basals that were working.  Now, for 2 days, she's been low - 58
virtually all day today, despite lots of extra carbs.  She didn't seem to be
sick or stressed or anything, and hasn't started periods yet.  So, when kids
are starting puberty, does their sugar go up and down in little cycles?  And
if so, as I'm beginning to suspect, how in the heck do you manage basal
rates that change every 3 weeks?

Nancy Morgan, mom of Jenna, 10.5 years old