[IP] No delivery alarms?

I've been lurking here for a while now, but a question has finally cropped up.  I've been a Minimed 507C pumper since June with very few problems to be honest. But in the last 3 weeks I've had 3 no delivery alarms, the reason for which escapes me.  The reservoir always has loads of insulin left when it happens.  It always happens when I'm am bolusing, and despite the fact that it says for example, it's delivered 3.5 units of a 5 unit bolus, my BS levels 2 hours later clearly indicate that it has delivered next to nothing! I find that the only fix for this solution is a set change.
Does any one have any idea what could be causing this? Have I slipped into some bad habit that could be triggering this?  I think it is only happing on the 3rd day of a set use (the last day before I change), and there are sometimes warning signs that it's going to happen since my BS levels tend to be rising gradually during the day, and correction boluses seem to have little effect.
I did have a VER SOI error a couple of weeks ago, which I phoned Minimed about since I'd not seen that one before.  I now keep the pump in the leather case to reduce the static electricity build up.
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated,
Nick W.